The James Madison Legacy Project brings the We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution curriculum into the classrooms of high-needs schools. This program strives to increase the number of highly effective civics teachers through professional development opportunities. The participants take their gained knowledge and assist students in achieving civics/government state standards. JMLP teachers will learn how to help youth explore what it means to be a responsible, informed citizen.
Who Can Participate?
· Government/Social Studies teachers of grades 6-12th
· Individuals new to the We the People curriculum
· Teachers that serve high-needs populations
Why Should I Participate?
· A $750 stipend for the teacher
· A We the People set of textbooks, including teacher’s guide (up to a $680 value)
· Content knowledge from constitutional scholars
· Technical assistance from experienced We the People mentors
· Program training with professional development hours
To apply, please download, complete, and submit the application located on the left hand side of the screen.