Q: What if I throw a party at my house?

A: If your party gets too loud or disturbs the peace, then you could be charged with "Disorderly Conduct" according to A.R.S. §13-2904.


Q: What is Disorderly Conduct?

A: Arizona law defines "Disorderly Conduct" (A.R.S. §13-2904) as:

  • Fighting, violent, or seriously disruptive behavior
  • Unreasonable noise
  • Abusive or offensive language or gestures to any person present in a manner likely to provoke immediate physical retaliation
  • Makes any lengthy commotion interfering with a lawful meeting or gathering
  • Refusing to obey a lawful order to disperse issued to maintain public safety in dangerous proximity to a fire hazard or emergency
  • Recklessly handling, displaying, or discharging a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument


Q: What do I do if people crash my party?

A: Crashing a party is trespassing, so it is illegal. If necessary, the police can be called to remove uninvited guests (A.R.S. §13-1504)


Laws may have changed since the last time this article was updated.  The current and most up-to-date laws can be accessed here.